different types of accounts to different types of users. The two primary types of accounts offered by Google are
- Google Accounts (referred to as "personal" accounts)
- Google Apps Accounts (referred to as "organization" accounts)
If an organization signs up for Google Apps and creates an account using the same e-mail address someone used previously to create a Google account, a conflict is created because two accounts cannot be based on the same e-mail address. The previously created Google account is therefore called a "conflicting" account.
What to Do if You Have a Conflicting Account
If you previously used the conflicting account to conduct WCPSS business or school work, you will need to:
- Update the conflicting account by renaming the account if you wish to keep using the account as your personal account.
- You may rename the account as a new Gmail address or as an existing Google Account that you created using a non-Google email address, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After renaming your personal Google account, you will sign in using your new Gmail username or your non-Google e-mail address.
- Move any business or school-related content or data to your new WCPSS organization account.
If you did NOT use the conflicting account to conduct WCPSS business or school work, you will need to decide if you wish to continue using the account for personal use. If you wish to continue to use the account, you will need to:
- Update the conflicting account by renaming the account.
If you did NOT use the conflicting account to conduct WCPSS business or school work and you do NOT wish to keep using the account, you may choose to:
What Else Should You Know about Conflicting Accounts?
If you previously used your WCPSS e-mail address to create your personal Google account, this "conflicting" account has already been temporarily renamed by Google. You will use this new "temporary" username and your old password to login to your personal Google account.
- e.g.: If you created the account using email@example.com, your account has been renamed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Google's conflicting account information for complete details.
What Should You Do if You Can't Resolve Your Conflicting Account?
Follow your normal support procedure for technology related issues.