Moving Data & Calendars
- Some Google products allow you to move your data from your personal Google account to your Google Apps organizational account using Google’s built-in data mining tool.
- Other Google products require you to manually move the data from one account to the other. This includes Google Calendar, Google Contacts, Google Drive (formerly known as “Docs”), Google Sites, and Blogger.
- While you may recreate a Google Group in your WCPSS Google Apps organizational account, the group archives in your personal Google account CANNOT be migrated.
View Google Support for more information about moving data.
Moving Google Drive Data
It is recommended that you export files from your old Google Drive and import them into your new WCPSS Google Drive instead of sharing the files between the two.
IMPORTANT: If you share your old Google Drive files and then delete your old Google account, all of your files and sharing permissions will be permanently lost.
- Instructions: Google Apps for Education: Export/Import Google Drive Files - (PDF - 477k).
Moving Google Calendars
It is recommended that you export calendars from your old Google account and import them into your new WCPSS Google Apps account instead of sharing the calendars between the two.
IMPORTANT: If you share your old Google account calendars and then delete your old Google account, all of your calendars and sharing permissions will be permanently lost.
- Instructions: Google Apps for Education: Export/Import Calendars - (PDF - 272k).