Staff and Students Leaving WCPSS
- Staff: WCPSS Google accounts will be deactivated on the day after your last day of employment. To keep any WCPSS Google content, follow these instructions before your last day.
- Your shared documents become inaccessible to all collaborators when you leave.
- Ownership must be changed individually on each document.
- Changing ownership of a folder does not change ownership of the documents within. (Instructions - PDF)
- Students: WCPSS Google accounts of students not returning to WCPSS next year will be active through June 30. To keep any WCPSS Google content, be sure to follow the instructions below before June 30.
- Returning students' accounts remain active continuously.
Saving your WCPSS Google content involves 3 parts:
1. Save Items Shared with Me (Instructions - PDF)
- Items that appear under Shared with me in your Google Drive must first be saved to your WCPSS Google Drive in order to become part of the export file.
- IMPORTANT: Folders will not be saved. You must open each folder and select the individual documents inside each folder.
- DO NOT use the Add to My Drive button. This only makes a shortcut to the original document and keeps the original owner. It does not make a copy of the document.
2. Export Google content (Instructions - PDF)
- The Google Takeout tool allows you to download Google content at one time.
- Sites must be exported separately. They are not included in the Google Takeout export.
- IMPORTANT: Once content is downloaded, the downloaded versions will not continue to update when the items are updated in Google Drive.
3. Migrate Google Sites
- NOTE: Google sites cannot be exported using the Google Takeout tool.
- Migrate New Google Sites (Instructions - PDF)